Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts- these are moist, not too sweet, not too dense, pillowy goodness with maple frosting. Refined sugar free and can easily be made vegan.Jump to Recipe
BAKED PUMPKIN DOUGHNUTS
These baked pumpkin doughnuts are so quick and easy that any level baker can rock this recipe, essentially only one bowl to clean, and the perfect way to kick off fall season for breakfast!
I don’t really think they need an introduction as we modified these doughnuts to be much healthier than the store bought version so rest assured- you can enjoy these baked pumpkin doughnuts without a side of guilt. But since we are entering sweater weather, does it really matter anyways?
I made these in 2015 when I launched my blog and the photos were not my best work so I gave these a major glow up! I hope you enjoy this simple recipe as much as my family does!
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE:
- You DON’T have to fry them! I know I know, everything is better when its fried. Coming from the girl who could eat french fries with every meal and not bat an eyelash. BUT believe me, they are still Am-A-zing baked if you have a star recipe (which i’m about to give you).
- We swapped the bad ingredients for a healthier version. Here is how:
-Equal parts Butter with Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil
-Equal parts Brown Sugar with Coconut Sugar
-Honey or date past (ie blended dates)
I opted for a maple glaze but you can absolutely get creative and add any glaze flavor you love! *Hint hint- salted caramel would be pretty scrumptious too. Try adding our fool-proof salted caramel recipe- Salted Caramel Sauce.
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM EAT MORE CAKE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! IT HELPS US CONTINUE TO CREATE MORE FREE CONTENT FOR YOU ALL.
FOR MORE BAKING & PARTY TIPS, RECIPES, AND LITTLE DOSES OF JOY- SAY HI ON INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST OR SUBSCRIBE TO MY BAKING TRIBE E-MAIL LIST! MY HEART IS ABOUT SPREADING JOY AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter melted
- 1/2 cup all- purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour or sub for a total of 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spie
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or whole milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub light brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup or blended dates)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or to desired consistency
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Melt coconut butter or coconut oil and set aside to cool
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice in a bowl and whisk ingredients
- In a separate bowl- combine cooled coconut oil or butter, canned pumpkin, sugar, egg, buttermilk, honey, and vanilla extract
- With a spatula, combine wet and dry ingredients until combined. Be careful to not over mix, as this can create a dense doughnut
- Spray the doughnut pan with coconut oil, using a piping bag or ziplock bag- fill with batter and cut the tip to pipe batter evenly into baking pan
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the doughnut springs back. Or insert toothpick, should come out clean. Allow to cool in the baking pan for 1 minute before cooling on cooling rack.
- While doughnuts cool, make the glaze. Combine powdered sugar and maple syrup to your desired consistency and whisk with a fork. Dip cooled doughnuts and enjoy!