Holiday Cookies with Eggnog Buttercream
A classic holiday cookie sandwiched with eggnog buttercream with a fun holiday sprinkle surprise! These are fun for the entire family to make and decorate together.Jump to Recipe
This cookie and buttercream combines two classic holiday flavors that pair so well together. Even eggnog haters will love this buttercream because its subtle enough to not overpower the overall flavor of the frosting. But with the addition of freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon spices, it really adds to that classic eggnog and holiday taste.
HOW TO MAKE COOKIES SANDWICHED WITH FROSTING AND HOLIDAY SPRINKLES
The Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies are one of the most popular recipes on this blog so check out that post for tips on how to make the cookies soft yet chewy!
Step 1: Make the Ginger Molasses Cookies
Step 2: Make the Eggnog Buttercream
Step 3: Using a piping bag or ziplock bag, cut a 1 inch off the end of the bag. Fill with the eggnog buttercream and gently pipe a ring of frosting on the outer edge of the cookie, leaving a small hole in the center to place the sprinkles.
A quick video tutorial on how to frost the cookies can be found on our Instagram reels!
Step 4: Using your favorite holiday inspired sprinkles or candy, add to the center of the cookie in between the frosting.
Step 5: Add a second cookie on top to create the sandwich and enjoy!
Holiday Cookie with Eggnog Butterceam
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Follow Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe- linked in Recipe Notes
- To make the eggnog buttercream: In a mixer with a whisk attachment- beat softened butter on medium speed until light and creamy. About 3-5 minutes
- With the mixer on low- add 1 cup of confectioners sugar at a time, mixing until combined before each addition. Add pinch of salt, cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Add eggnog and mix on medium speed until the frosting is light and spreadable. Add more confectioner sugar in 1/4 cup increments, if the buttercream is too soft.