Super Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
A fudgy decadent chocolate brownie with a hint of malt flavor. These super fudgy chocolate brownies are sure to become your go to brownie recipe!Jump to Recipe
WHY WE LOVE THESE SUPER FUDGY MALTED CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
These homemade chocolate brownies are everything you would want in a brownie. Fudgy and bursting with chocolate flavor with a glossy crinkled top. Let’s dive into why these are over the top delicious!
These brownies combine cocoa powder and malted milk powder. This enhances the chocolate flavor. Melted Chocolate chips are also added to create extra rich chocolate flavor. Making these extra fudgy brownies undeniably irresistible.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT FUDGY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
These brownies are so easy to whip up. Follow these tips and you will have perfect brownies every time!
USE ROOM TEMPERATURE INGREDIENTS
Set eggs to sit a room temperature for 30 minutes before baking or in a bowl with warm water for 5-10 minutes.
MEASURE FLOUR ACCURATELY
Always scoop flour with a spoon into measuring cup and level off with a knife for the most accurate measurement (unless you have scale at home). Otherwise you may have a brownie that is too dense. Tips on how to properly measure are on our Instagram Reel videos!
USE QUALITY CHOCOLATE
This chocolate brownie recipe is bursting with rich chocolate flavor. Using high quality chocolate is so important. It makes all the difference between good brownies and INCREDIBLE brownies.
I personally use (not sponsored) Ghirardelli for my Dutch Process Cocoa Powder. Also known as unsweetened cocoa powder. I can find it in bulk at restaurant supply stores such as Food Mart/Smart and Final.
I also use Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips, which is readily available in the baking aisle of the grocery story. Or Valrhona if you really want to splurge!
I love getting quality chocolate from Trader Joes. They actually import their chocolate bars from Europe which I will cut into chunks for the cookies.
You may also try semi-sweet chocolate chips or add extra to the batter for yummy pools of chocolate inside the brownies.
These brownies are delicious topped with finishing salt. You want to look for finishing sea salt such as Maldon Salt.
DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER
Once the dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet, gently fold or mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Over mixing can yield a more dense brownie.
If you love chocolate desserts, you may also want to try these recipes:
Salted Espresso Brownie Recipe
I hope this can become your go to brownie recipe for you and your family to enjoy for any celebration!
*IF YOU WANT MORE BAKING & PARTY TIPS, RECIPES, AND LITTLE DOSES OF JOY- SAY HI ON INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST OR SUBSCRIBE TO MY BAKING TRIBE E-MAIL LIST! MY HEART IS ABOUT SPREADING JOY AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!
If you make this recipe, please leave us a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers.
Happy baking and EAT MORE CAKE!
Super Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (12 TBSP)
- 2 TBSP Malted Powder (Ovaltine) *Not required, omit if you don't have any
- 2 TBSP Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat. Add chocolate chips, malt powder, cocoa powder and whisk to combine until fully melted and shiny. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugars on medium high speed until light and creamy. The color should be a light white/yellow. About 3-4 minutes.
- Once the butter and chocolate mixture has cooled slightly, slowly stream into the egg and sugar mixture while on medium speed. Careful to slowly add the chocolate during this step. If the chocolate is too warm still, it can scramble the eggs. Beat for about 30 seconds or until fully incorporated.
- Remove the bowl and fold in the flour using a wooden spoon or spatula. Careful to not over mix during this step.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before slicing.
- Slice into 2×2 squares
These look amazing!!!! I love how thick and rich they are and the crinkle top!