Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse Parfait
This Strawberry Mascarpone Mousse Parfait is incredibly easy and tastes like strawberries and cream! Roasted Strawberry Puree combined with whipping cream, mascarpone and crushed shortbread cookies makes this the perfect quick summer dessert.
- 8 oz mascarpone 1 cup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 14 oz Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 lemon (juice + Zest)
- 1/4 cup roasted strawberry puree + 2 tablespoons for more intense strawberry flavor
- 1 box shortbread cookies crushed
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries washed and cut
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract *optional
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract *optional
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash and cut strawberries and toss with sugar, lemon, and extracts.
Place strawberries on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until fragrant and slightly caramelized
Transfer warm strawberries to a medium saucepan on the stovetop and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Using a food processor, blender, puree the strawberries and transfer to the refrigerator to cool.
Combine mascarpone and heavy whipping cream to a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk on medium speed until medium-firm peaks form. Careful to not over mix or it will look curdled.
Using a spatula, gently fold in the lemon juice, zest, sweetened condensed milk and strawberry puree until well combined.
Using a food processor or zip lock bag, crush the shortbread cookies into a crumble
Using a mason jar or dessert cup- add a layer of crushed shortbread cookies (2 tablespoons)
Using a spoon or a piping bag, add a layer of tart filling. Keep alternating between the tart and crushed shortbread cookie layer. Top with freshly cut strawberries and or whipped cream
Optional- allow to chill in the refrigerator for 2-12 hours if you prefer a firmer filling texture
- The tart filling will firm up after 2-12 hours in the refrigerator but can be enjoyed right away.