Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
It appears that everyone is baking banana bread right now and it has been 3 years since I made it myself so I decided to give it a go. This banana bread is slightly sweetened, super moist, no butter but tastes like butter kinda recipe. The added chocolate chunks on top of the banana bread send this recipe over the top in yumminess.
This is the easiest recipe and takes all of 10 minutes to mix together. Perfect for involving the kids in the kitchen to mash up the bananas! Enjoy the banana bread right out of the oven for an afternoon snack or with your morning coffee. We have been eating banana bread for breakfast and dessert- we do not discriminate over here when a recipe is perfect.
*If you want more baking & party tips, recipes, and little doses of JOY- say Hi on Instagram & Pinterest! My heart is about spreading Joy and I absolutely love having the opportunity to connect with each and every one of you!
Additional Resources that you may like:
Video tutorial of Baking Tools that we love and suggest for cake enthusiasts- this is for you!
Ingredients:3-4 Ripe Bananas (1 cup)
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
¾ cup coconut oil
½ cup greek yogurt
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
Handful of chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5 in loaf pan with parchment- set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl- melt the coconut oil. Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Combine the coconut oil and sugars. Add the remaining wet ingredients (greek yogurt + eggs) and whisk to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl- combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, BP, BS, salt)
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined- this means you may still see little bits of flour. STOP!
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top (or whatever topping your heart desires!) and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
Optional add ins:
Banana bread is so versatile! Try adding your favorite nut like walnuts or pecans, coconut flakes, or drizzle your fav caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
- Use Room Temp Ingredients: take your eggs out to sit at room temp. If you need to speed up the process- place the eggs in bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Don’t over mix– over mixing can introduce more gluten and yield a dense and tough cake. Mix just until combined!
- Use Ripe Bananas: Brown bananas are best- they contain the highest sugar which make them perfect for baking. You can always speed up this process by placing your bananas in a brown bag and storing in a dark cool drawer for a few days.
Happy Baking Friends!