Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
*If you want more baking & party tips, recipes, and little doses of JOY- say Hi on Instagram & Pinterest! My heart is about spreading Joy and I absolutely love having the opportunity to connect with each and every one of you!
Additional Resources that you may like:
Video tutorial of Baking Tools that we love and suggest for cake enthusiasts- this is for you!
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
¾ cup coconut oil
½ cup greek yogurt
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
Handful of chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5 in loaf pan with parchment- set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl- melt the coconut oil. Add the sugars and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Combine the coconut oil and sugars. Add the remaining wet ingredients (greek yogurt + eggs) and whisk to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl- combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, BP, BS, salt)
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined- this means you may still see little bits of flour. STOP!
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top (or whatever topping your heart desires!) and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
Banana bread is so versatile! Try adding your favorite nut like walnuts or pecans, coconut flakes, or drizzle your fav caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
- Use Room Temp Ingredients: take your eggs out to sit at room temp. If you need to speed up the process- place the eggs in bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Don’t over mix– over mixing can introduce more gluten and yield a dense and tough cake. Mix just until combined!
- Use Ripe Bananas: Brown bananas are best- they contain the highest sugar which make them perfect for baking. You can always speed up this process by placing your bananas in a brown bag and storing in a dark cool drawer for a few days.