Nothing screams the start of summer more than ice cream. Confession- my husband and I eat ice cream pretty close to every night for dessert. Recently we both had ice cream cravings but NO ICE CREAM. What’s a girl to do!? With the current quarantine sitch….I didn’t really think it was necessary to make a special trip to the store just to satiate our ice cream addition. So I got to thinking- how could I make it myself? This recipe has minimal ingredients (4 total for the base) that you likely already have in your pantry and the best part, it doesn’t require an ice cream maker or baking anything and whips up (literally) in 5 minutes.
This was the quickest dessert I have ever made in the history of making desserts. It was so creamy and tasted just like the fancy stuff you buy at the store. I happened to have extra cake scraps in the freezer and caramel sauce in the fridge so I decided to throw those into the ice cream and it totally made this recipe over the top!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Choice of optional add ins
Optional Add ins:
- Cake scraps, brownie scraps, cookies, Oreos, chocolate chips
- Salted caramel sauce
- Favorite jam or fruit
- Chopped nuts (even better if they are lightly roasted)
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment- Whip heavy cream until medium peaks form. Tip* pop your mixer bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping up the heavy cream
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk
- Place ⅓ of the mixture in your loaf pan, sprinkle your topping of choice, add another ⅓ of the ice cream mixture, top with toppings and repeat.
- Pop in the freezer for 8-12 hours and enjoy!